Revered Chefs,

Please forgive a mere mod_perl kitchen-hand, undergoing early cookie
training... I have the following cookie code, but no cookies come
back when I refresh, and I don't see any $HTTP_COOKIE in %ENV.
$cookies ends up as a hash ref pointing to an empty hash.

I have the following in my httpd.conf:
  PerlWarn On
  PerlTaintCheck On
  PerlFreshRestart On
  PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload
  PerlSetVar ReloadAll On
  <Files *.pl>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    PerlSendHeader Off
    Options +ExecCGI
  </Files>

Help?? TIA

Jeff

# As you will note, this highly original recipe was lifted unchanged
# from Delia Smith's 'How to Boil Eggs for Breakfast'.
#------------------------------------------------
# This is the cookie dough that don't want to bake
use strict;
require "dumpvar.pl";
use Apache;
use Apache::Cookie;

# read in the cookie if this is an old session
my $r = Apache->request();
my $cookies = Apache::Cookie->fetch;

my $sent = '';
if (!$cookies->{foo} ) {
  $sent = 'sending cookie';
  my $cookie = Apache::Cookie->new(
                      $r,
                      -name    =>  'foo',
                      -value   =>  'bar',
                      -expires =>  '+1D',
                      -domain  =>  undef,
                      -path    =>  '/',
                      -secure  =>  undef,
                     );

  $cookie->bake;
} else {
  $sent = 'received cookie';
}
$r->content_type("text/html");
$r->send_http_header;

print "$0 $sent", "<HR>";
main::dumpValue(\$cookies);
print "<HR>", $r->as_string, "<HR>";
map { print "&nbsp;&nbsp;$_ => '$ENV{$_}' <BR>\n"; } sort keys %ENV;