> Joe Breeden wrote [ 2002/03/14 at 09:15:44 ]
>
> It has been a few weeks since I went through this and I have seen a
> squirrel or two since then and it was a bad experience so I have tried
> to block the memories of the awful awful day. I hope this helps, but I
> doubt it will. Good luck.

A much easier fix specfically for Redhat 7.1 is to correctly link
/usr/include/db.h to the same version of the /lib that DB_File is
picking up. Redhat has versions 1, 2, and 3 of Berkeley db installed to
support all of the applications. If you relink db.h, generally pointing
it to db2/db.h ( though it may be db3/db.h or db1/db.h depending on the
rest of the stuff you have installed ) will make DB_file happy.