Alexander Hanuska wrote:

> I am trying to call the Apache::Request module from one of my modules that
> I wrote and here is the error I get in my error_log:
>
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::Request" blablabla

looks like you are doing everything right...

you know Apache::Request isn't part of the standard mod_perl
distribution, right?  you need to install the libapreq package:

http://cpan.valueclick.com/modules/by-module/Apache/libapreq-1.0.tar.gz

a good way to make sure you have everything is to preload your
modules, either with a startup.pl or a PerlModule statement - that way
Apache won't start if mod_perl can't find what it needs.

HTH

--Geoff