I apologise striaght away for the completly off topic mail, but I'm desparate!

I am having problems with return receipts from our users here at work. When someone
requests a return receipt and I click okay, I get a Mailer-Daemon with the error:

>>> MAIL From:<@@fransmaas.co.uk> SIZE=2583
<<< 501 <@@fransmaas.co.uk>: domain missing or malformed

For some reason it appears that the return receipt is not picking my email address as
being the "From:" address and the mail server (Sun box, Solaris 2.6) is substituting
the "From:<>" with "From:<@@fransmaas.co.uk>" When I have a look at the sendmail
config
(sendmail.cf) I can find:

# handle "from:<>" special case
R$*<>$*                 $@@                             turn into magic token

Has this got anything to do with the problem? Please be aware that my sendmail
knowledge
is very poor :(

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ewen