"Philip M. Gollucci" wrote:

> Okay I've got an FBSD4.5 box with apache-1.3.24 with mod_perl1.26
> I need to add a "canned" Footer to every page except one (toc.html).
> This includes Location handlers, .cgi, .pl, .s?html
>
> http://modperl.com:9000/perl_conference/cool_tricks/mp_footer.html
> I saw that... but this doesn't work since .cgi, .pl files don't get
> processed just read and output. (Works great for .html files though)

Take a look at Apache::Sandwich, it may do exactly what you want.
You will probably have to specify certain file types to run with
Apache::Sandwich, so you ignore things like image files.
I would probably just used the <Files> config for that.

If Apache::Sandwich does not work for you as is, you might try
looking at its techniques or those of Apache::SSI with executing
subrequests while adding content from various sources.

--Josh