Hi Elizabeth,

Apache::Reload or Apache::StatINC can reload modules for you without
needing to restart the server.  Your provider would need to have one of
these installed and set up in the httpd.conf.  If you get a choice in
which one you use, Apache::Reload is much more configurable so you have
more control over what gets reloaded when.  Apache::StatINC will simply
reload any module as soon as it's changed.

more details:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Reloading_Modules_and_Required_F

--Carolyn