DeWitt Clinton wrote:
[snip]
I've actually meanty to ask this for a while:  I'm curious as to the
auto_purge functionality of Cache::Cache - especially under mod_perl...
 I tend to use it a lot, but from time to time, which is basically EVERY
time I look at /tmp, I notice bunches of stale entries from
Cache::FileCaches - and that's on the development server.  So how
exactly is the auto_purge meant to be used - the documentation is very
hazy on that point (sure I can patch it - but you have to explain it to
me first :)), and I just got lost when looknig at the module source.
So:
 1)What is it meat to do
 2) How should it be used
 3) What about constistancy issues between processes - when will perl
forget what's in the cache and not clean it up?

Thanks,
  Issac