[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> if you use Apache::Reload with a threaded MPM and multiple interpreters,
> the modules will be reloaded by each interpreter as they are used, not
> every interpreter all at once.  similar to 1.x where each child has
> its own interpreter, the modules are reloaded as each kid is hit with a
> request.

thanks for correcting me. It's all about interpreters and not threads,
so it's the same for the code with forked and threaded httpds.

But if talk about futuristic Solar variables (perl globals shared
between threads). what if a solar variable is a reference to CODE? Can
this be shared? If so, will reloading this variable in one interpreter
affect others?

Also if we put the sharing aside for a moment and assuming that we have
a pool of interpreters with idle interpreters in it, there can be a
thread that monitors changed modules and update the idle interpreters by
making them reload the code and put them in the head of the list. This
should save the overhead of reloading during a request. Does this make
sense?