Hello all,

I'm looking for a straightforward approach to extend our AuthCookie
sessioning to enforce that a user is only logged in from one browser at
a time.  For us, it would suffice that if the user tries to log in from
a 2nd browser, the first session would just be expired.

I was thinking that upon login I could save the AuthCookie key in that
user's db entry as current_session_key and I could blank it out when
they explicitly log out.  Then during login, I would be able to see if
there's another key still out there for them.  The tricky part for me is
figuring out if that key is still an -active- session as opposed to
having just left their browser open last night or something.  And also,
if I do determine that it is another active one, how would I expire it?

Anyone done this type of thing previously?

Thanks,
Fran