Daniel W. Burke wrote:
> We have an application we're serving by using the same
> set of source code, and setting up different <Location>
> sections in the virtual host to set different variables
> and path aliases based on who the customer is...
> What I'd like to do (if even possible!), is have something
> like this:
>
> Have a databae table that stores the information for each
> setting, then load it dynamically as a request comes in...

Off the top of my head, there are two simple ways to do this.  The first
is to generate your httpd.conf using a template and database.  I've done
this using Template Toolkit, and it worked great.  This also works for
servers that don't have mod_perl, like proxy servers.

The other way would be to write a PerlTransHandler to look at all
incoming requests and then decide how to handle them based on your
database info.  This is better if you need to be able to update it
without restarting apache.

- Perrin