Thanks a lot to Stas and Randy, I have got the MOD_PERL-1.99 and Apache 2.0.35 to get
started up and running to serve the first CGIs under MOD_PERL in Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a
environment. I am sure it should be the same for Windows 2000 too.

Points:

1) I am having problems in my Windows 2000 Workstation, because I am running both
Apache 1.3.23/Mod_Perl-1.26 as well as Apache 2.0.35/Mod_Perl-1.99. Therefore, there
are certainly name-clashes as far as Mod_Perl-1.99 is concerned (vide Randy's email
rejoinder). Therefore, I had installed Apache 2.0.35 with Mod_Perl-1.99 under a
Windows NT 4.0 with SP 6a and ActivePerl 628, without any previous Apache/Mod_Perl
installed to it.

2) Please note that when I did not have two different Apache and Mod_Perl versions on
the Server, the :

PerlModule Apache2

configuration item on httpd.conf did work as per the advisories. Previously this did
not work for me, because I had two versions of Apache and mod_perl running in it.

3) Even after running a lone Apache 2.0.35/Mod_Perl-1.99 on Windows NT 4.0/SP 6a, I
was having problems with RegistryCooker.pm (vide, my own emails today on the topic).

4) Stas had posited to a new bug-fix of Doug. I applied it to the RegistryCooker.pm
file.

5) Now the woes with respect to RegistryCooker.pm cleared. But CGIs would just not
serve. Reason was because, I had given in the httpd.conf file the configuration as
thus:

PerlHandler Apache2::ModPerl::Registry

It complained that it could not find that one!!

6) Stas was kind enough to guide me on this. According to his valuable advice, I
changed the PerlHandler statement in httpd.conf as thus:

PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry

Please note, that at this point, I could also make the startup.pl script (a simple
startup script that I wrote to preload CGI and other modules) run using:

PerlRequire "e:/admin/rarul/apache2/startup.pl"

statement.

Currently, I am able to make Apache 2.0.35 work with MOD_PERL-1.99-dev on Windows NT
4.0/SP 6a, without any problem. To get to this point itself, it took a lot of
collective effort and thanks to one and all in this list.

Hopefully this information will be helpful to the Windows Users.

Thanks,
Rex

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/