Abd> How can i restart the named service via mod_perl.
  Abd> The script will be activated via a web page.

  Abd> My apache is configured to use "User: apache, Group: apache"

  Abd> Is ther any other way except usine "User root" directive in my
  Abd> httpd.conf file

Assuming you're running a somewhat modern version of BIND and you make
the ndc domain socket read/writable via the user/group Apache is
running as, you should be able to restart the daemon without root
privs.

Not that you still shouldn't be weary of doing something like that,
though.

b.
--
/*  Bruno Connelly, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  */