From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 9:50 PM
Cc: Mod-perl list
Subject: Re: Problem Installing mod_perl + mod_ssl in Solaris 8 - Please
H elp !

Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> At 23:02 18.04.2002, Fernando Munoz wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much Stas and Mark !... Everything went fine and I have a
>> fresh Apache+mod_perl+mod_ssl running is this box. I noticed though that
>> after rebooting I need to push again the path into $LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
>> apache to run ??? any suggestion ?. But again Thanks so much.
>

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a runtime setting for ld, so it'll have to be set on
> each run to be able to load shared object files. You should probably
> create a shell script which sets and exports LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then
> runs httpd with any needed options, and use that to start Apache.

or add the path to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig once for the changes
to take the effect.
Alternatively set it in the .bashrc or whatever shell's startup script
is used by the shell the webserver is started under.

But I think you should figure out why you don't get the path compiled
in, solve it and forget about the workarounds. Check the docs.