On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Lihn, Steve wrote:

> Hi,
> I just downloaded Randy's win32 build of Apache2.
>
> I do not understand in httpd.conf:
>
> PerlSwitches -Mblib=C:\Apache2
> PerlModule Apache2
> <Location /hello>
>     PerlResponseHandler Apache::HelloWorld
>     SetHandler modperl
> </Location>
>
> But in the directory, HellowWorld.pm is under
> C:/Apache2/blib/lib/Apache2/Apache
>
> I thought it should be under C:/Apache2/blib/lib/Apache???
>
> Thanks.
>
>   Steve Lihn
>   FIS Database Support, Merck & Co., Inc.
>   Tel: (908) 423 - 4441

There's two things going on here - the
    PerlSwitches -Mblib=C:\Apache2
is specifying to use the C:\Apache2\blib directory. The
    PerlModule Apache2
is loading C:\Apache2\blib\lib\Apache2.pm, which
modifies @INC to include @INC directories with Apache2/
appended (eg, C:\Apache\blib\lib\Apache2, in this case).
Thus, Apache::HelloWorld would be found in
   C:\Apache2\blib\lib\Apache2\Apache\HelloWorld.pm
Apache2.pm us useful if you want to install mod_perl-2
stuff in a Perl tree that already contains mod_perl-1
things under an Apache/ subdirectory.

best regards,
randy kobes