On Mon, 06 May 2002 10:04:28 -0400
Fran Fabrizio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: >Jacob Davies (author of Apache::AuthCookieDBI) confirmed the secret key
: >file has to be set before the PerlModule directive, it is a bug in the
: >documentation.
: >
: Except it doesn't really, because it works fine for me. =)
:
: I compiled mod_perl static, I tend to avoid DSO if possible.

The Eagle book says (page 58):

    Apache processes the configuration directives on a first-come,
    first-serve basis, so in certain cases, the order in which
    directives appear is important.

So Apache passes PerlModule and PerlSetVar to mod_perl as it finds it in
its configuration file. If mod_perl loaded modules as they come by means
of PerlModule that would explain why variables set with PerlSetVar after
that directive are not seen by the very module at loading time.

As that seems to be the behaviour in my static mod_perl and Jacob Davies
said he had to change the documentation (and he knows more mod_perl than
I for sure), I don't understand why the order does not matter in your
machine. Do we have the same version of the module (v1.18)?

-- fxn