Ken Williams wrote:
> The idea is that I'd put a bunch of JPEGs on the
> server at locations like foo/123.jpg , and then if a request came for
> foo/123-medium.jpg , I'd catch that with a 404 ErrorDocument and
> generate the resized image using Imager.  If I wanted to, I could also
> create the resized image on disk, so it wouldn't need to be generated
> next time.

Incidentally, that's how Vignette StoryServer works.  You could also do
this kind of thing with a transhandler (or mod_rewrite) that checks for
the existence of a static file and rewrites the URL if it can't find
one.  That might be more "correct", but trapping 404 is the best
possible performance, since there is no additional code in the response
chain if the static file is there.

- Perrin