I have installed Randy Kobes' 5-10-2002 Apache-2/modperl-2 Win32
binaries on a Win2k Professional P3 uniprocessor development machine. I
have left all of the startup.pl script as is. Everything works
great--however, with some scripts I seem to still suffer from 1.3-style
locks on the perl interpeter that prevent some other scripts from being
served until a given dynamic request completes. I've poked around a bit
and found that simple scripts (ones not using modules) will still be
executed while another long-running process is executing (thus
multithreading properly)--so I'm figuring it's probably a module issue
(or I'm simply confused). The two modules I'm running predominantly are
DBI 1.14 (with DBD::DB2 .74) and CGI 2.74, and I have verified that two
scripts running simultaneously with these two modules will result in one
blocking until the other completes.

Any/all ideas most welcome--and my sincerest thanks to Randy for his 1.3
and 2.0 binaries and other incredibly helpful docs/builds/info/etc.

James