> My::Handler takes the requested file and adds some markup to it with
the
> Template Toolkit if the MIMEtype of the file is text/html.  I want to
be
> able to use the same handler to also add markup to the output of
executed
> CGI.  What is the best way to do this?

You can't feed the output of mod_cgi to mod_perl, at least not in Apache
1.x.  The best thing to do (at least for performance) would be to
rewrite the CGI so that you call it as a module from your handler.
Another approach would be to use Apache::Filter to grab the output from
PerlRun or Regsistry.  You could also sublass PerlRun or Registry and
add your handler code to it.

- Perrin