Gregory Matthews wrote:
> For example, is there a command line tool to use that will allow me to
> see the process growth upon request reload?  I know that I should run
> the server with httpd -X, but I don't know how to actually see the
> memory being used/increased/decreased when the prog is being executed.
> As I understand it, this is a good indication that there might be a
> problem.

You can steal some code from Apache::SizeLimit or Apache::GTopLimit to
print the current size in the error log.  Otherwise, just use top.  Keep
in mind that sometimes a leaky piece of code will have to be run several
times before you see the leak, because of the way that Perl allocates
memory in chunks.

- Perrin