I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I can't find it anywhere, and the mail
archives seem to be down.

I am trying to get the following SSI directive to work:

<!--#perl sub="MySSI::my_status"-->

and I get the following error in the server log:

unknown directive "perl" in parsed doc /var/apache/htdocs/index.html

I know that I have SSI set up OK because if I replace the above with

<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL"-->

I see the date as expected.  The /perl-status pages show that the MySSI
module is loaded, and that the PerlSSI directive is enabled.  I've
carefully read through the example in the eagle book, and I can't spot
what is wrong.  Can someone spare me a clue?

Thanks,

--
Alan Burlison