List,
    Before I present a detailed description of the problem I thought I'd
just bounce of an intro to see if its a common "fault".
I have found, using apache 1.x latest and mod_perl 1.x latest that if I use
internal redirection to a mod_perl handler for ErrorDocument 500
(server_error) then even though I return the perfectly correct data (html
headers etc) to the browser, every browser works fine. Except that is,
Internet Explorer 6 (maybe earlier too but I have no test bed). Internet
Explorer chooses to display the default Microsoft internal server error page
and not the html which is actually returned. If I use a network monitor like
Iris I can see that the data is returned perfectly...but Internet Explorer
refuses to display it. This problem my apply to other error codes. The only
fix I found is to use a fully qualified host redirect for the
ErrorDocument.. but then I lose fancy stuff like previous request analysis.
Any ideas?

Ric

p.s.

The kind of httpd.conf block I am talking about is,

ErrorDocument 500 /error

<Location /error>
SetHandler blahblah
blahblah