Hi,

Has anybody already seen this error ???

The problem happens on a web site which has been online for the last 2
years without trouble.
We are using the proxied Apache_1.3.20 / mod_perl-1.24, behind a light
front end Apache_1.3.20 / mod_ssl / mod_proxy_add_forward, on a Linux
server.

Last week we upgraded most components of the system (kernel,
libraries...) including Perl (5.6.0 to 5.6.1), then recompiled Apache,
mod_ssl, mod_perl, libapreq-0.33, and rebooted (Apache, mod_ssl,
mod_perl upgrade was planned for this month).

Everything worked flawlesly, the web site was still working, but after a
few days, visitors started to complain  that uplaods didn't work.
mod_perl dies with the message:
        [libapreq] could not create/open temp file
What is really funny, is that it works after rebooting the system, and
the error shows up later.
I upgraded libapreq to 1.0, which didn't solve the problem. Next step
will be to upgrade APache, mod_perl, etc. but I would like some help.

Thanks for any help.

Jean-Denis Girard

Essential Software - Ingénierie Informatique
Solutions Linux & Open Source en Polynésie française
http://www.esoft.pf/
Tél: (689) 50 82 89