That's not necessarily the most secure way. We have found that even though IMAP is
supposed to be a long state protocol many clients (PINE, Netscape, Balsa, M$ Outlook
Express, etc) implement as connect/work/disconnect cycle. So I don't think this
persistency of connection across multiple accesses is really necessary.