Jon Robison wrote:
 > I should never really have to edit
> #3 (the Viewer), because the HTML construction should be done in #2. If
> I find myself editing my viewer to accomodate some function I am adding
> to the overall system, I know I need to re-think what I am doing.

In an MVC system, you would definitely need to edit the controller any
time you change the input side of the user interface.  You may or may
not need to change the model and view as well.

Which part handles taking the user input, figuring out which methods to
call on the model objects, and choosing a view (usually a template) to
show?  This is all stuff that the controller would do in an MVC system,
and you don't seem to have one in your description.  If you don't have a
controller, you will end up wedging that stuff into the model objects
which makes them a lot less reusable.

Don't get me wrong: a basic script + a template is still better than a
basic script + a bunch of print statements, but there is value in the
separation of the controller and the model too.

- Perrin