> From: Fran Fabrizio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: 12 June 2002 21:48

Nothing indepth, just a quick response, but it looks like your huge if
statement can be replaced using a hash. Maybe something like:

# just an eg, this data is static and can be required from
# your startup.pl so that all child get a shared copy
%global::dispatch = (
  summary => { template => 'summary', actions => [ 'doSummary',
'doOther' ] },
  doctor  => { template => 'docact,   actions => [ 'healthyself', ] },
)

# In your generic Controller / Handler
if ( exists $global::dispatch{$template} ) {
  my $dispatch = $global::dispatch{$template};
  my $tmpl = getTemplate( $despatch->{template} );
  foreach my $function ( @{$dispatch->{actions} ) {
    &$function($dbh,$tmpl);
  }
  print header . %tmpl->output();
} else {
  unavailable();
}

The nice thing about this is you end up with a generic Controller, and
can separate the config off somewhere else. The Controller will probably
change much less than your config, so separation makes sense.

I don't really see an issue with the Controller being responsible for
returning the response, after all it fielded the request in the first
place. I would try hard to keep ALL HTML in the View world - whether you
create a View class or use a templating approach.

0.02c

Regards
Jeff