southernstar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't compile mod_perl 1.27 on Cygwin with apache 1.3.24-5 src no matter what
> I do. At first it complained (make complained) that it didn't know how to make
> httpd.h etc, so I made them dummy targets with .PHONEY. OK, fine. Then it
> couldn't find them in apache_inc.h - so I put the path in for it. Now in os.h
> (from apache) it can't find ap_config.h, whatever that is.
>
> Has mod_perl EVER compiled on Cygwin? If so, how do I get it to build? (I have
> the latest net release of cygwin, everything installed).

I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and ran into some problems too. I'm
pretty sure it was a different issue though. At the moment I'm
reinstalling Cygwin, since I've rebuilt my development system since then.

At the moment, I've installed ActivePerl-5.6.1.631,
apache_1.3.25-win32-x86-src.msi from apache.org, and mod_perl 1.x using
the instructions at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/win32_apache2.html.
Works fine for me... except the apache service doesn't start. I haven't
had a chance to look into that yet though.

Wim