On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:40:18AM -0500, Michael Schout wrote:
> Brian Reichert wrote:
>

> >   <Location /formscript/login>
> >     PerlSetVar FormScriptSecure 1
> >     AuthType Apache::AuthTicket
> >   </Location>
> >
> > But, in each case, my login program is server in the clear.  What am I
> > missing?
>
> THe authnameSecure setting only affects the cookie. If you want to
> forbid access to the login form from non-ssl, there are verious ways to
> do that.  One way would be to add "SSLRequireSSL" that block (assuming
> your using mod_ssl).

Apache::AuthTicket says:

   Finally, by using the Secure mode of Apache::AuthCookie, the
   ticket is not passed over unencrypted connections.

Passed in what direction?

It would only go server->client if the client made a SSL request.

With the 'FormScriptSecure' as I have it above, I _can_ log in over
a non-encrypted channel, so clearly it's not enforcing the 'secure'
criteria...

(Still reading up on cookies...)

I suppose my real question is:

How can I intercept a unencrypted request for a protected document,
but have the login form be submitted over an encrypted channel?

(Thanks for the feedback, by the way...)

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842