We are really having fun here of course....and personally I'm more interested in
the features than the writing Thread or thread...but perhaps one place to draw the
line would be

If a directive or hint changes the behavior of the compiler or interpreter in a
non-reversable fashion then it deserve to be called a pragma. ie the 'no mod'
is not supported, similar to 'use diagnostics'.

Anything else that can be turned on and off at run time, could be called a module.
So 'use integer' falls in that category.

This approach allows the interpreter designer to fully take advantages of the
optimization opportunities or plan of actions.

Having said that I was drawn to this language, because I (as a perl programmer)
can be schizophrenic and the language accommodates me, I can change everything
at run time....thanks Perl....

Matt Sergeant wrote:

On Thursday 13 June 2002 11:50 pm, John Siracusa wrote:
> On 6/13/02 6:40 PM, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> >> Does anyone know the logic behind making the threads modules all
> >> lowercase? I'd expect it to be Threads::Shared, not threads::shared.
> >
> > Pragmas are lowercase. And use threads; is really a pragma.
>
> A pragma with class methods?  A pragma that exports functions?  Maybe I'm
> confused about the distinction between a pragma and a module...

It's a really fine line ;-)

See also use fields.

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering