Well if you have some time available, do some volunteer work to
build up your resume.  This helps you in at least 2 ways:
1: you get experience
2: your "happy clients" may know people who want to be
"happy clients" and have a budget.
3: you maybe able to deduct your volunteer work from your
taxes( I have no idea about AU's laws though).

Also talk to your professors, they may know someone who needs work
done.  And check the walls in the CS/IS/EE/ME/...  departments for job
postings.

One last thing, when you get clients keep track of them.  Ask if there
is any way you can help them again, every 3-6 months or so.  To keep
clients you need to build a relationship with them.

happy hunting

marc