At 18:26 21.06.2002, Zac Morris wrote:
>I actually have a question along these lines....
>
>I'm new to mod_perl myself, and I've just installed a new setup with Apache2
>and the mod_perl2 beta.
>
>That's all working well and my old cgi-bin type stuff works under mod_perl
>great.
>
>Now I'm trying to get more into the mod_perl specific stuff and when I: use
>Apache::DBI I'm getting a can't find Apache.pm
>
>To use Apache::DBI do I need the old mod_perl 1 also installed running some
>kind of "dual mode"?  Or is that not even an option since I'm running
>Apache2.  I'm learning quick so if this is covered someplace just give me a
>quick pointer.

As Apache::DBI hasn't been tested with mod_perl 2.0 yet, you will need to:
1) make sure you are using the prefork MPM for Apache (as Stas said,
Apache::DBI can only work with that one)
2) You will probably need to run mod_perl 2.0 in compat mode: put
         PerlModule Apache::compat
in your httpd.conf, before loading other modules (like Apache::DBI).

You will probably also want to see the 2.0 docs at
http://perl.apache.org/release/docs/

Good luck!

--
Per Einar Ellefsen