Hi,

> While I am not very familiar with Embperl, I saw some discussion
concerning
> PHP that struck me as pretty interesting for Embperl and similar
> applications: have you considered making (or atleast having an option for)
> Embperl an output filter for Apache 2/mod_perl 2? I think this would more
> clearly show its purpouse, just like SSI is now really a filter under
> Apache 2.0.

Yes, 2.0b8 can be a output filter for Apache 2.0, even more Embperl::Object,
which allows you to create your site out of objects or components, can now
not only include other Perl output, but any output that is created by a
Apache request, you just use the subreq parameter to the Execute function
(which is used to inlcude other parts), give it an URI and you have that
part included in your page, regardless if it is a CGI script, output
generated by PHP or Java or whatever runs inside Apache and of course you
can postprocess the output that comes from other Apache components.

> If there is already a way to filter output through Embperl, I'm sorry for
> this useless post :(

Questions are never useless, this one for example gives me the chance to
show one of the new feature of Embperl 2 :-)

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131