Allen Day wrote:

>Furthermore, this file doesn't exist in my filesystem.  How is it possible
>that (1) the module works without this apparently required file at the
>command line but (2) doesn't work with apache/mod_perl ?

How is it possible?  Two ways: you could be wrong about the existence of
the file, or the situtation that requires the file might only arise when
you use it with mod_perl.  I'd suggest you start debugging it by looking
at the things that are different when running it from mod_perl: the
user, environment variables, working directory, ways that you call it,
etc.  One of those things is probably responsible.

- Perrin