dear list,

i run into some trouble today for which i couldn't figure ailment myself nor
find it googling.
i got a cgi-bin dir running cgi/perl scripts under Apache::PerlRun.
the directory is protected by a function in a .pm (Cartas::handler) called as
a PerlInitHandler which reads some session data passed to it via GET from
which it builds a cookie.
when i try to read the data using CGI's param function in my Cartas::handler
routine nothing is read. however, Apache::Request reads the data just fine so
i figured i had everything resolved.
however, when i try to read the param's in my cgi scripts via CGI's param
functions nothing is returned. if i avoid reading the params with
Apache::Request::param CGI::param will return the data correctly inside the
CGI scripts.
basically the whole thing is starting to bite its own tail and i would be very
happy if anybody could give me any pointers as to why CGI won't read my data
from the PerlInitHandler or after Apache::Request read them.
and by the way its Apache 1.3.22 with mod_perl 1.26, perl 5.6.1 and CGI.pm
version 2.80

biting his nails,
tim