E Kolve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Has anyone noticed any performance problems using 1.3.26 as the front
> end proxy to a backend mod_perl server?
>
> I upgraded a box running apache 1.3.22 as the frontend proxy to
> 1.3.26. Prior to upgrading the load was ~2.0 - 3.0. After upgrading,
> the load went up to around 21 - 25.  I then downgraded and the load
> went back to normal.  Could this have anything to do with the changes
> to mod_proxy between 1.3.22 and 1.3.26? Any ideas?

You don't actually talk about any performance problem.  Were the
proxied requests in fact running slowly?  It seems to me a difference
in the process structure or what how they wait could have horrible
effects on the load average numbers while actually improving
performance.  Or not.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net