On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

[...]
> Also you must not forget that a huge amount of back-end mod_perl servers
> are simply invisible to these scanners because they are running behind a
> proxy. So I won't be surprised if the real number is at least about
> twice larger.

I don't understand why you think so.  If the '/' url is handled by a
mod_perl enable server, then mod_perl will show up in the headers,
proxy server or not.  Sure, there'll be some servers where you can't
see that it's handled by mod_perl, but I doubt that it's all that
many.

$ lwp-request -e -d -S 'http://dev.perl.org/' | grep ^Server
Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_perl/1.27

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();