Think you need to load in Apache::Registry with :

PerlModule Apache::Registry

before the PerlHandler Apache::Registry bit
Suggest also that you do all the module loading / startup before specifying
any handlers

eg . from my mod_perl.conf

        PerlRequire             conf/startup.pl
        PerlFreshRestart        on

        PerlSetVar StatusOptionsAll On
        PerlSetVar StatusTerse On
        PerlSetVar StatusTerseSize On
        PerlSetVar StatusTerseSizeMainSummary On

        Alias /perl-bin/ /usr/local/apache/mod_perl/

        PerlModule Apache::DProf
        PerlModule Apache::Registry
        PerlModule B::TerseSize
        PerlModule Apache::Status