Josh Chamas wrote:
> My only problem with Apache::DBI for a benchmark is its
> default ping of the db per connect().

Oh, you're right I wasn't thinking about that.  It is important in a
benchmark to be testing equivalent functionality as much as possible,
although it's very difficult to do.

> I spent hours ( & 12 lines of code :) )
> writing an overly simple database connection pooling manager
> for the JSP benchmarks where a standard one seems to be
> lacking in JDBC & JNDI

I thought that JDBC had a pooling capability now.  I also thought Resin
had something built in.  I would use those if possible.

Stick with Apache::DBI for mod_perl though.  I would never tell anyone
to roll their own database persistence for performance instead of using
Apache::DBI.  Pinging the database connection is good, and all systems
should do it if they don't already.

- Perrin