Hi, I've been using Perl for several years to develop simple CGI applications for my
clients. I'm now in the process of migrating to mod_perl for the performance benefit
it gives. In so doing, I've been lurking on this list and reading the Guide.

Presently, I'm trying to debug a problem with a segmentation fault in the Petal
module that Jean-Michel Hiver announced a couple weeks ago on this list. As I was
reading the guide, "The Importance of Warnings" section in the Debugging chapter,
suggested setting PerlWarn On on the development machine. My question is
whether this setting is the same as the -w switch and the 'use warning' pragmas. I
suspect it is, but the guide did not clarify this point.

Thanks,
William

--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration