Tom Keller wrote:
> Greetings,
> I am trying to install mod_perl with apache_1.2.26 on and SGI running
> 6.5.16.
>
> apache was installed from the freeware.sgi.com website using their very
> nice installer. Unfortunately, the clean up after installation seems to
> remove the Makefile that is used by mod_perl's Makefile.
>
> So running install mod_perl from cpan, I get the question "Please tell
> me wher I can find your apache src
> [ ../apache_x.x/src]
> I can't seem to give it a path that works.
>
> I know the executable is at /usr/freeware/apache, but that gives the
> message "can't open /Makefile No such file."
>
> I've also tried using /var/inst/fw_apache which is the downloaded source
> file. No dice.

CPAN asks for your apache '/src' dir, not the location of the binary or
the source base dir. e.g. if you've untarred the apache source in
/tmp/apache_1.3.26, you should pass /tmp/apache_1.3.26/src when prompted
by mod_perl installer. See
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html for more info.