On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, pascal barbedor wrote:

> Hi
>
> the following startup.pl
> makes apache segfault in perl58.dll on windows XP(or 2000)
>
> version are :
> apache 2.0.40-dev
> perl 5.8.0
> modperl 1.99
> mysqld-nt 3.23.49
>
> DBI 1.30
> DBD::Mysql 2.1017
>
> from perl 5.8-win32-bin.tar.gz ready-to-use RK archive (date
> 25/07/02) in theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/public/other
>
> here is the startup (only added lines after #added, everything works fine without):
>
> use Apache2 ();
> use ModPerl::Util ();
> use Apache::RequestRec ();
> use Apache::RequestIO ();
> use Apache::RequestUtil ();
> use Apache::Server ();
> use Apache::ServerUtil ();
> use Apache::Connection ();
> use Apache::Log ();
> use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
> use APR::Const -compile => ':common';
> use APR::Table ();
> use Apache::compat ();
> use ModPerl::Registry ();
> use CGI ();
>
> #added
>
> use DBI();
> use DBD::Mysql();
>
> 1;
>
> - apache fails the same if use DBI() line alone or use DBD::Mysql() line alone

I find that too ... Gerald, a little while ago, mentioned in a
message to the dev list that latter DBIs work only if they come
into play after the perl interpreter has been cloned - perhaps
this is related to problems with using DBI in a startup script?

> - same from a registry script

This I don't find - pulling in DBI and DBD::mysql in a registry
script seems to work OK in some simple mysql queries. For this
libmySQL.dll has to be in the PATH, which I often forget ...

It might be though that the versions you have have something
broken in this respect - I just put up a new perl-5.8/Apache-2
binary in perl-5.8-win32-bin.tar.gz at
   ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/
which is compiled against apache-2.0.40 (with the recent security
fix) and the cvs modperl-2 sources. It may be worth trying this.

--
best regards,
randy