* Stas Bekman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [28 Aug 2002 12:54]:
> Nick Tonkin wrote:

[...]
> > I'm in favor of your approach. I have it like that in my stuff.
> > Auth::Auth, Auth::Authz, and Auth:: Access.

> But Authentication, Authorization and Access aren't all Auth. May be
> using Apache::AAA:: as in httpd-2.0/modules/aaa/ ?

I'd have to favour them being in a second-level namespace rather than a
top-level one. If they provide Apache related handlers, the Apache
handler modules should be in Apache:: (or ModPerl::, Apache2::
whatever; I'm going to have to look up the new naming convention there).

Generic authentication stuff should probably belong in the namespace of
the appropriate protocol. (e.g. Net::LDAP::Authenticate, used by
Apache::AAA::NetLDAP).

But Apache specific stuff should be in an Apache related namespace.

(of course, now you'll all say that the 'toplevel' thing mentioned
previously was relative to Apache::. Hrm.)

cheers,
--
Iain.