On Fri 23-Aug-2002 at 11:07:35AM -0500, D. Hageman wrote:

> My suggestion would to just use a XML parser module like XML::LibXML.
> Load the file up using the HTML loading functions and print it using the
> XML printing functions ... since the only difference I can see between
> HTML and XHMTL is that optional ending tags are no longer optional (per
> XML spec) and single tags must be ended properly (per XML spec).

There's a lot more than that.

<input type="text" name="foo"></input> is not valid XHTML either.
You have to be careful about block-level and inline elements.

etc. etc...

Besides, you cannot use an XML parser to parse HTML. You have to use
something like HTML::TreeBuilder instead. Part of HTML::Tree, excellent
module IMHO.

Cheers,
--
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB