From: Mark Schoonover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> ...how to add additional modules to Apache/mod_perl...

I like to build DSOs, and do it a lot like this:

# Unpack apache and mod_perl in the current directory, then:

% cd mod_perl-1.27
% perl Makefile.PL USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1 \
        APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache \

APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=all,--enable-suexec,--suexec-caller=nobody,--suexec-docroot=/usr/local,--enable-shared=max,--disable-shared=perl
 \
 > config.out 2>&1

% make > make.out 2>&1
% make test > make_test.out 2>&1
# Check make_test.out
% make install > make_install.out 2>&1

There are problably other good answers available on the list, but I like this method.
You will get a sample httpd.conf that has LoadModule and AddModule directives for lots
of things. It should make sence from there.

---
Rodney Broom
President, R.Broom Consulting
http://www.rbroom.com/