[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In the sets of applications that runs under mod_perl on our webserver
> we need the same modules twice, but with different pragmas.
>
> app1:  use module qw(standard pragma1);
> app2:  use module qw(standard pragma2);
>
> now, of course - whichever application is needed first it loads the
> module with the mentioned pragma. Later - when the second app wants to
> load the module, mod_perl uses the already module with the "wrong"
> pragma.

The problem is that CGI.pm is a bunch of nasty old code that uses global
variables like they were going out of style (which they are).  The
simplest solution might be to stop using CGI.pm and switch to something
faster and cleaner.  However, failing that you may have to hack the
CGI.pm code a little to make a way to turn the XHTML header on and off.
  (Although, can't you just use -no_xhtml all the time?)

> Is there any trick around this problem or do I need to copy the module
> and alter its name ?

That won't help.  It's about the module namespace, not the file name.

- Perrin