Thnx for all the people contributing in the previous thread which gave
me deeper insight and a very easy solution ($CGI::XHTML = 0;)

But now I played around and found out that if loading a modules with
pragmas this pragma only is valid for the first call and not valid for
all further call.

I wrote a tiny script to show this:

------
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use CGI qw(standard -no_xhtml);

my $q=new CGI;
print $q->header,$q->start_html,"\n";
print $$,"\n";
------

At the first request each instance prints out the no_xhtml-header, but
at the second call the no_xhtml-pragma is forgotten and the
xhtml-header is printed out.

Is this a problem in the CGI-module or is there a deeper reason for
this in mod_perl ?

btw and OT : in the previous thread there have been rumours about
better things than the CGI-module. What could you recommend instead ?
(compatible modules prefered cause I really use the sticky- and
nostickyfeatures :)

thnx,
peter

--