Has anyone here come up with an RPM for apache+mod_perl, with the
following caveats:

1. mod_perl is statically compiled

2. I don't want SSL.  This will be backend server.  Only the frontend
needs SSL.

3. can co-exist with a non-mod_perl Apache on the same system, meaning
that it has its own config dir, pid file, logs, etc.

4. Including mod_rpaf would be a nice bonus, but adding this probably
wouldn't be too hard.

In other words, is there anything like the excellent apache-perl Debian
package, but for Red Hat.  ARGH, I really hate Red Hat.  But in this case
I'm stuck with it.

I've been working on this myself for a few hours but I realized I should
ask about it here first.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun