Hello mod_perlers,

Following talk about module categorization this summer, I have now finally
added these recommendations to the website.

The new naming conventions for modules in the Apache:: namespace are
summarized here: http://perl.apache.org/products/apache-modules.html

In my work to define new namespaces, I also undertook a categorization of
the current mod_perl modules into new namespaces. This can be useful for
module authors to know what name to pick for their new modules, as well as
for users that are looking for a module but have trouble finding it because
of poor organization of the Apache:: namespace.

You can find this categorization here:
http://perl.apache.org/products/old-modules-categorized.html . I remind you
that it is only of illsutrative interest, and *is not a proposal to change
the names of established modules*.

However, I suggest that we all work together to help new modules (1.0 as
well as 2.0) choose a correct namespace in the Apache:: main namespace.

I hope that this suits everyone. Of course, it is flexible: nothing is
settled and as everything, I am sure it is going to evolve. But it's a step
forward, which everyone seemed to agree was important.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]