From: Ken Y. Clark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 8:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Testing mod_perl app on Windows

My boss has asked me to pick up a Windows box so that I can test my
application using the standard browsers on that OS.  OK, I can see
how it is a Good Thing to make sure that those people unfortunate
enough to use Windows are able to use my application without errors.
But I also had another idea:  As I'm trying to make sure my code is
platform-neutral, I'd like to try installing everything on the Windows
platform as some people who download my app might try to do this.
Not having touched Windows in about 3 years, all the different
products really confuse me.  When I go to the local PC store to pick
up a box, what should I ask for?  Windows 2000, ME, XP?  Is there a
specific XP server, or can I install Apache/mod_perl on the standard
desktop OS?

ky