Thanks for reply ..

> Hello!
>
> internal_redirect()
>  The required argument is an absolute URI path on the current server.
>  The server will process the URI as if it were a whole new request,
>  running the URI translation, MIME type checking, and other phases
>  before invoking the appropriate content handler for the new URI.
>  The content handler that eventually runs is not necessarily the same
>  as the one that invoked internal_redirect().
>  This method should only be called within a content handler.

Yes, I understand that. What I am saying is this ...

After a successfull internal_redirect(), and return OK my content handler has
exited - The content has now reached my client. Now my cleanup handler is
executing. I am not understanding why Apache is attempting to write to client
now !!

Also, by using internal_redirect_handler() you can make r->handler (which is the
current handler by default) handle this redirect().

> ssn> Why is apache re-doing the request after a internal_redirect() ? ( and
that too
> ssn> in the cleanup phase ??)
>
> ssn> Please help me understand this. Any hints most appreciated :-)
>                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

regards
srp