For now I have hardcoded the secretkeyfile in AuthcookieDBI.pm (very kludgy an not
really what I want for production but for now it will have to do) . This seems to be
working in preliminary tests in Opera and IE.

But Netscape has a problem, and I am seeing the same problem in 4.7x, 6.2, and 7.0.

The browser is getting what appears to be the right html for the login form, but it
thinks the content-type is text/plain for some reason.

I tried adding a meta tag in the html template to no avail:

I also tries setting the header directly in the response in my login.pl file
immediately before sending the header:

$r->header_out(content_type=> "text/html");
$r->send_http_header;

This also did not change the behavior.

Is there a known issue with NS browsers?

Thanks,

GV